Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Women Power Wednesday - Mary Kay Ash and Likability - 13.3

Sally,

You may remember that I sold a nice video surveillance project to Mary Kay in Dallas. During my visits to the Mary Kay world headquarters building, I noticed many pictures and quotes from the founder of the business, Mary Kay Ash. One that stuck with me said:
"Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, 'Make me feel important.'"
That speaks directly to my second characteristic of a successful sales person.

Be likable,

Dad

1. Enthusiasm
2. Likability
3. Urgency - even when urgency may not be present