Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Women Power Wednesday - Self-Branding Actions - 19.3

Sally,
Below is the list of the ten self-branding actions we are studying from Kaputa's book. We had worked our way into number six before the break. You will remember we were talking about the power of words and we discussed how your name, Sally Singletary, has a nice ring to it.
I have been trying to decide what to call my personal, brand-building Website, as I begin the process of reinventing myself for this next phase of life. I have settled on the URL: ChurnOn.com, with a subtile, All things G. Page Singletary. This site is going to allow me to feature materials relevant to who I am; and what I have done in both my professional life and personal life. It will also serve as a launch pad for some of my writing projects and for my Blog which will be titled 'The Churn'. From the Blog, I will be able to connect to my LinkedIn account where I can show examples of my work, make observations on trends, or point out insights on others' good works. Do you like this idea? What do you think of the URL: ChurnOn.com?
1. Celebrate yourself and your uniqueness: Do a self-brand audit. 2. Keep tabs on the big picture: Do a SWOT analysis. 3. Don't avoid the competition: Go to school on your competition. 4. Find the sweet spot: Focus on the right strategy for achieving your goals.
5. Harness the power of self-presentation: Learn the principles of visual identity.
6. Tap into the power of words: Learn the principles of verbal identity.
7. Think in terms of markets: Engage in and respond to the market.
8. Expand your network and your visibility: Become know for something by somebody somewhere.
9. Execute a self-brand action plan: Develop specific tactics and implement each as scheduled.
10. Stay relevant: Measure how you are doing.
Women power,
Dad