Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, September 21, 2018

Month-of-Mentorship at Autodesk

Time Out founder and my friend
Eddie Williams is a Pika
Good Fit as a Fiddle Friday to you Lucy May. Guess where I am today? That's right, Time Out, bright and early and excited about spending 'time' with a special mentor of mine, as well as a mentor to many others here in Chapel Hill. We are celebrating 60 years of service to the Tau Chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity by Moyer 'Moe' Smith and formally naming the 'Tube Room' in his honor at our chapter house. You may remember I wrote about what Moyer meant to me in my Releasing the Churn self-discovery journal and blog. I referred to Moyer as one of my 'Cheeros'! Not the cereal, but a word I made up to mean someone who cheers you upward and onward in life.

In short, a little farm boy shows up in Chapel Hill from the one stop-light town of Ahoskie, NC and quickly realizes he is lost and in over his head. Everybody else seems smarter, wiser, better looking, and taller. I went from big fish in small pond, to small fish in big pond. But thanks to Moyer Smith, I learned to believe in myself and I found my path in life. Sound familiar Lucy?

Ironically, this is the Month of Mentorship at Autodesk. 


Great time in Chapel Hill celebrating Moyer (to my left) and hanging with other special PiKAs.

Who has mentored you Lucy? Who is out there in College Station who will be a mentor in the future? Pray about these things, think about these things, and since it is Friday . . . don't forget to Stay Fit! Love you. - Dad