Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday Nugget - Trends in your field

Lucy,

I was thinking about your question last night around trends in a field that you are passionate about and I stumbled into something you should find compelling.


Watch Video Here

I especially thought this might resonate after reading one of the answers to a question in your Gilbert Leadership Conference application. In your words: "I have a passion for service and I think that is something that I can both bring to and gain from GLC. My dream one day is to start my own global outreach non-profit in hopes of helping third world countries find practical and sustainable solutions by using their own resources. In my time in College Station, I am hoping to prioritize serving others both inside and outside of my community. Whether or not that is through GLC, I have a strong desire to be apart of something bigger than myself while I am here on campus."

For more on the Future of Making Things check out this link. Or, take a few minutes to read my thought-leadership reflection piece here, where I took a look back at my childhood. I'm going to find that transistor radio (that Poppy game me) one day, and put it right beside Granddaddy Singletary's typewriter!

Love you,

Dad