Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Monday, September 24, 2018

Play Ball! and Make it a Great Monday


Lucy,

I love this print, which is a photo that either Sally sent me, or possibly taken at the SCAD bookstore or art store? I can't recall for sure. 'Play Ball!' being a metaphor for live life to the fullest each and every day. Along life's journey and certainly in the end, we all face pain and uncertainty and eventually we all die; but until that time comes, why not make the best of each and every situation.

I've been kicking around the idea of commissioning a piece of art with this baseball print as inspiration, perhaps from my buddy Vince Dattoli out in Sausalito, CA who does some cool things using old Porsche car hoods, as well as sticks. Check out some of his work below. 

And why not make it a great Monday?

Dad

P.S. Thanks everyone who contributed to my 2 for G Pa! I had a wonderful 59th birthday and my friend Hop pointed out that I was born in 1959. It will not be too many more years before I can start trying to shoot my age, right?


This piece made with two Porsche 911 hoods.

Also two car hoods (not sure what type) - the white space in the middle is really cool.