Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, September 20, 2018

"God had my back all along"

Good morning Lucy May. It is anything goes Thursday and I don't have much, but I have this . . .

Remember my post: A special Saturday Nugget: Curt Langford named CEO and President of Texas Tech Alumni Association? Well the process leading into that announcement at Texas Tech was a long and drawn out one. Curt was one of over 20 highly qualified applicants. From start to finish, it took six months of interviewing, whittling down the candidates, eventually narrowing the applicants down to five, and then three, and then just two. At that point, Curt had even more interviews with the selection committee, lunches and dinners with the Board Members and the President of the University. When he was finally selected as the next CEO and President, it was a great moment in his life and I am sure also quite a relief. When I called to congratulate him, he shared the below story, sent by text and in his words. Curt lives on a golf course.
Curt: So, last night on the green behind my house I made 5 straight putts from 45 feet out. Not straight, but curved and downhill. I stopped after five not wanting to break the streak. Still in shock as to how it happened but I have a theory. Remind me to share it when we next visit.  
To which I said: Universe (led by our good Lord) is lining up for you my friend. It happens. 
Curt: It was a God thing. I had long likened interviewing for this job to being on the 18th green having to sink a putt in front of a big crowd. Didn’t know if it would be a 3 footer or a 30 footer, but it’s an image I’ve long fretted in my mind. So last night, after the stress of it all, I’m convinced God was showing me he had my back. The first make felt good. The second one a surprise. Third was hard to believe. Fourth was shocking and the fifth was flat out miraculous. Went back to collect the balls (all in the cup) and called it for the night. It was my “walking on water” moment, much like Peter on the Sea of Galilee. Can’t take your eyes off the almighty!