Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Woman Power Wednesday - LIL!

Hey Lucy. I've got so much good material for Woman Power Wednesday I can't figure out where to go? For example, I want you to know more about your cousin Nancy Senseney, who is Chairman of the Board of Seattle Children's Hospital, the largest pediatric hospital in the nation. I want you to know more about our favorite trainer and friend at Train 4 The Game, Jessica Vaiana who is always posting great inspiration on her social media feeds, in addition to inspiring so many workout enthusiast at the gym. I want you to know more about my bosses, boss - Stephanie Graf, who was recently promoted to Director level at Autodesk and has built a remarkable team of which I am fortunate to be a member. I will save those for another day.

For today, I am going to go with your younger cousin Lilli Smith, who started her Senior Year of high school in Charlotte a week or so ago with a bit of a set back. Lilli, as you know, lost an entire front tooth in a field hockey game. But doctors were able to save the tooth and 'transplant' it back in her mouth! Which makes Lilli, along with your Aunt Gay and your dad, the only family members to proudly own a successful tooth transplant. In the case of Gay and your dad, our transplants were done in the early 70's at Harvard Dental School by Dr. Leanord B. Shulman, who later became head of the dental school. Here's an article I found by Dr. Shulman, titled The Transplantation Antigenicity of Tooth Homografts. You can't make this stuff up!

Go Lil. Woman Power!