Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Monday, August 17, 2020

Happy 30th Taylor - We love you!

Lucy:

I love how Taylor enjoys adventure, fun, and getting outside. He is literally always down to do anything with us! Whether biking, tennis, surfing, boat driving, ziplining or whatever it is, T is leading the charge and keeps us trying new things! T has such a childlike and curious spirit. He truly makes us more exciting and fun. It's so awesome to have another adventurer in the family, and I am so excited about all the crazy cool things T and Sal will do in London and all over Europe! 

I love getting to talk with T about the Lord and spiritual things! The conversations we have had about YoungLife, church, community, individual walks with Christ, etc. have been some of my favorite moments with T. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED to see what the Lord will do in this next decade of your life. You're the best T! HAPPY 30TH!!! Love you!! 

Emily:

I love that cheeky Taylor! T is always down to have a good time but is also very calm and balanced. He is a lovely addition to our family and great to have around. I love that he always takes time to relax and just goes with the flow. I can't wait for Taylor and Sally to spend more time in Austin soon!

Taylor is a beautiful mate to Sally, and I love that they have decided to make life an adventure! A lot of husbands would not approach things with this much curiosity. I think it is so unique that T is leading the charge to explore bloody London! Hooray! Happy 30th brother!!!

Peach:

Taylor is quite the cuppa T! I'm knackered of Taylor and Sally living in Atlanta and so excited for them on their new adventures. and possibilities. I'm chuffed to bits that Sally found a wonderful husband. He is flexible, and he is kind.

I enjoyed having Sally and Taylor at the beach with us so much and hanging out. I appreciated that Taylor felt comfortable enough to stay with us for 3 days without Sally. It was so fun to spend more time with him. It was a bloody good time!

gPa:

I am so proud of you, mate! You have become such a ledge in our family. Calm, cool, smart, and not one bit snarky. Welcome to your fourth decade!

We are so excited for this next phase of your life with Sally. I don't understand the insurance business, but I know this, you are a rising star. The opportunities in front of you are endless. I know you two are going to make amazing friends and enjoy learning other cultures along the way. In the words of our guest contributor below, "Keep it going, Mate!"

Sally:

If there was one word I could use to describe T it would be KIND. He approaches everyone he encounters with respect. People are drawn to his sincerity and depend on him for advice. He is always willing to listen and never judgemental. I’m so proud to be his wife and lucky to be around him every day. 

I love that Taylor is open to change and taking risk. He has been so successful at such a young age. He has a fantastic sense of awareness when it comes to business. He has excellent instincts. I’m so grateful to be along on this adventure together and cannot wait to witness all that year 30 will bring. 

Kyle:

I appreciate Taylor for being a cheeky bastard (British accent). We get along great. He’s always a fun time to hang out with when in Austin.

I hope to attend some matches with Taylor in London if schedules align. I respect Taylor for exploring opportunities in business (and life) and think it will pay off big time. Remember to stay on the left and try to fit in.

Uncle Ricky (a special guest affirmation):

For a couple of years, Sally was whining to me about how bad the boys at UGA sucked. That there was no one that she could see taking home to meet her parents. And certainly, no one that would pass my acid test. Then I get a text picture of Sally and a guy in a Jimmie Johnson Lowe’s #48 NASCAR t-shirt at a party in a field outside Athens. She tells me this might be the guy. I’m thinking that if that’s the case, the boys at UGA really do suck. And now an adventure to London awaits! That’s a long way from racing at Talladega. Just shows how much a good woman can change any man.

So here is my challenge for the two of you as you set off on this great adventure.  There are 44 countries in Europe. I’ve made it to 16 of them so far. By the end of your first year in London, you should have visited at least 15 countries. 15 more in the second year. Then 10 more in the third year if you stay that long. If you do, I will come over and do the last 4 countries with you . . . . and pay your expenses too! Maybe a side trip to snorkel in the Red Sea?

Now Sally might be focused on Monaco and Switzerland. Barcelona and Milan. The Greek Isles and the Bourdeaux region of France. Somehow she’s gotten spoiled that way. But your goal should be to show her Montenegro and Estonia. Bucharest and Budapest. The islands off Croatia and the glaciers of Iceland. Sometimes it’s the wrong turn you make that brings you to the best memories. Wherever you go, eat where the locals eat and ask them what to see and do that’s not in the guide books. It’s really the people and the journey more so than the destination.  

This is your last birthday in the USA for a while. Next year Sally will be tempted to take you to a fancy London restaurant where fillet of beef Wellington with parsley root puree mini fondants is on the menu. But by then she will know that drinking a pint in the corner pub with your new friends is really the way to go. Eating sausage pies and bacon sandwiches. Singing the anthem of your favorite Premier League soccer team.   

That is my birthday wish for you. And Sally. Have fun. Take chances.   

Uncle Ricky 

PS—Go up to Dornoch and fall in love with links golf. It will be good for your soul.

PSS—Visit the WWII cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer. It will make you proud to carry an American passport. And much more.