Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Woman Power Wednesday: Robyn Benincasa (plus some blasts from the past)

Good WPW Lucy,

Last week, I enjoyed a powerful motivational message from Robyn Benincasa at our Autodesk One Team Conference in Nashville. On Make it a Great Monday, I shared how good it felt to get back out in the world with my poem OUT THERE

Let me tell you, Robyn knows how to get OUT THERE and make some stuff happen. Visit her website here and check out her non-profit, Project Athena, which she describes below in a note she sent your sister, Emily, at Yeti.

Hi Emily! Thanks for the kind words! I’d/we’d love to be a part of the Yeti community! And I know that our Project Athena team loves and lives the Yeti Brand too. Project Athena is my little non profit that takes survivors on huge hairy audacious endurance adventures as part of their recovery. It’s about helping them get their badass back after a big medical or traumatic setback in their life. Every year we take groups of Survivors and Fundraisers on adventures like the Rim to Rim to Rim crossing in the Grand Canyon (45 mi 2 days), the Zion Traverse across the entire park (44 miles 2 days) and our Keys to Recovery, where we kayak and ride 120 miles from Key Largo to Key West over 3 days. You have to come with us! :). We’d also love for our adventurers to have some kind of connection to Yeti during their training, adventures, or the next adventure in their life. :). Our Trail Angel team that gets everyone across the finish line are also world class adventure racers and winners of the ecochallenge and raid Gauloises etc. FYI, I’m the person in my family that gets everyone a yeti cooler for Xmas or their birthdays. Huge fan, and there’s no substitute! Thanks for the good Juju, Emily! You can also always reach me at robyn@projectathena.org. Maybe we’ll see you out there with us! Xo Robyn

Fingers crossed, YETI, Robyn, and Project Athena can all get together. 

Yesterday (March 8) was International Women's Day - a global holiday celebrated annually to commemorate women's cultural, political, and socioeconomic achievements. I did not miss it but instead waited until WPW to celebrate it. So, below, I include links to some of my favorite Woman Power Wednesday Nuggets from the past.

Enjoy,

Dad

WPW Nuggets from the past (family)


WPW Nuggets from the past (other powerful women)